Sinus Flooding Procedure for Relief from Sinus Infection Symptoms
The human skull contains four major pairs of hollow air-filled-cavities called sinuses. These are connected to the space between the nostrils and the nasal passage. Sinuses help insulate the skull, reduce its weight, and allow the voice to resonate within it. Once infected by virus, fungus or bacteria, the sinuses may cause headache, congestion and dripping, pain around the eyes, and even fever.
This procedure has been reported to be effective against sinus infection symptoms and the flu. Mesosilver fights on contact, therefore, the silver must come in contact with the sinus infection causing pathogens. A sinus flush, or sinus flooding, procedure which brings the silver colloid into contact with the infected tissues of the sinus cavities was developed by Dr. B. J. Biagioli and is called the Sinus Flooding Procedure.
Before putting colloidal silver into the sinus cavities a small amount of Xylitol must be added to adjust the osmotic pressure to be suitable for use in the sinuses. This prevents the painful sensation that one experiences when water goes up the nose in a swimming pool, making contact with the sinus membrane.
Prepare the solution:
Perform this procedure with a true colloidal silver only. Do not use silver protein products. Silver protein products can cause a serious sinus infection if used in the sinuses, adding to a sinus infection symptom.
Add one-eigth teaspoon Xylitol to one ounce of colloidal silver to make the rinse solution. Xylitol is available in most health food stores. For additional comfort warm the sinus rinse solution to slightly above body temperature or approximately 100 degrees F. This solution may also be used with a sinus irrigator to flush out the sinus cavities if a sinus irrigator is available.
Get your complete Sinus Flooding Kit
The Sinus Flooding Procedure:
- Lay on a bed face up with the head hanging over the edge of the mattress so the nostrils are pointing straight up toward the ceiling.
- Use an eye dropper to fill each nostril with the sinus rinse solution. Keep filling each nostril until the rinse solution starts to drip in the throat, indicating the sinus cavities are filled. Remain in the same position for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Roll over on the stomach and let the head flop forward over the edge of the mattress. This allows the rinse solution to flow into the forward sinus cavities. Remain in that position for 2 to 3 minutes then sit up and let the sinus rinse solution drain out through the nose.
- Important: Repeat this procedure 45 minutes later. The two rinses 45 minutes apart constitute a single sinus rinse session. Perform two or more such sinus rinse sessions per day. Relief from sinus infection symptoms will typically be noticeable by the second day. It is not unusual for the sinus infection to be gone within three days.
- Repeat two sessions per day until the sinus infection subsides. Very persistent sinus infections may require five to seven day or more.
Nasal spray:Mesosilver can be used in a nasal spray type bottle and sprayed directly in the nose as an adjunct to the sinus flooding procedure. No Xylitol is needed when using a nasal spray bottle. This method can be used several times throughout the day to improve the sinus healing benefits. This is especially convenient and transportable.
More information on Sinus Infection Symptoms Get your complete Sinus Flooding Kit today!